Our 2023–2027 strategic plan (PDF, 116.77 KB) is a 4-year view of our organisation and key priorities.
To make a positive difference to Queenslanders in a changing energy and water environment.
- Respect: We act and interact with honest and integrity—manners, respect and courtesy are a given.
- Integrity: Our actions are consistent with our words and we demonstrate our values through our actions.
- Competency: We encourage each other and seek opportunities to learn, and share our knowledge and ideas, to continuously improve ourselves and our service.
- Accountability: Each of us is accountable and responsible for our work, attitude and behaviours.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best we can be, and deliver excellent service and quality results.
Strategic plan: our commitments, objectives and indicators of success.
| Indicators of success
- We deliver fair and reasonable outcomes for consumers and members.
- We listen to understand and respect our customers to build and maintain their trust.
- Our teams have the skills to resolve
wide-ranging problems for our internal and external customers.
- Achieve agreed targets in customer
and member surveys.
- Achieve agreed dispute resolution targets.
- Continuously improve quality and customer experience.
- We attract, develop and retain committed professionals who are motivated by our values.
- We have an empowered,
high-performing and resourceful team.
- We build the capabilities of our people now and for the future.
- Increase engagement result of Working for Queensland survey.
- Retain My workgroup factor result in the top quartile.
of Working for Queensland comparison data.
- Required capabilities are identified and professional development completed.
- We evolve with our changing environment.
- We embrace change and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Our business is accountable, efficient and effective.
- Being prepared for legislative changes and an expanded jurisdiction.
- Invest in our systems and processes to ensure we remain fit for purpose.
- Deliver our services effectively within agreed targets.
- Everyone who needs our help knows who we are and how to contact us.
- We inform providers and consumers on how we can help with energy and water issues.
- We collaborate with organisations who support energy and water consumers.
- We connect with and influence our stakeholders to improve outcomes for the sector.
- Share our insights and experiences to collaboratively improve the sector for all.
- Provide information to help our stakeholders understand and help resolve the issues their customers are experiencing.
- Meet with communities across the state via
in-person and virtual methods.
- Increase awareness of our service through a variety
We will deliver our objectives through our key strategic initiatives:
- Building future capabilities
- Contributing to reconciliation with First Nations people
- Developing a contemporary customer relationship management solution
- Driving efficiencies and effectiveness
- Embedding our better normal picture
- Enhancing member management
- Enriching customer experience
- Raising awareness of our service
We will embrace opportunities by:
- Adapting to the needs of our ever-changing world, including issues impacting our community
- Expanding our jurisdiction to include renewable energy
- Future focus on alternative energy options